_Love Show, Love Schmoh
SNEAK PREVIEW!

Here is an insiders view of my new piece that will be in the the PORTLAND LOVE SHOW. There are over 350 artists in this show and I'm pretty excited, I think its going to be a hectic blast. Check out this link for more info on time and day: Love Show

Ok, so lets be honest. "love"??? Blegh. Consider me young, or consider me wise. I was looking for a group show to enter so that I could stay active in the art world. Also, I needed a push to get me out of my winter hibernation. What is the next group show? The friggin' love show. Its like a bad taste in my mouth that I can't shake. So I stalled and procrastinated and when the deadline took me by the ropes I stewed and I cussed and I paced the thoughts of love. Or the idea of love. The main thing is that I didn't want to be cheesy in the hot firey passion sort of way and I would rather gag on a spoon than encorporate any hearts. Seriously, hearts are stupid (geometic shape speaking). The last week before my friends moved out of town, I had discovered a quote. I loved it (-heh, love), mainly because I felt like it simply stated the quality of my friendships along with my disposition in life. Including Portland's actually. Keep Portland weird. I agree, be weird. Right! The quote...

"We are all a little weird, and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
~Dr. Seuss

"Calculated Risks Amongst the Chaos of Simplicity"
23"x24", Mixed Media on wood panel
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • Followers