_Make it Complicated
I had this idea. Story of my life, right. BUT I like this one. I had pretty much decided to start going for it, I mean, why not? Although, as I was getting more in depth and developing layers and threads, I had this flash of "Stop. You're going over board, just keep it simple". Then today, I rediscovered one of my writing logs or rants if you will, in one of my notebooks...

"Dear Self,

I apologize for the verbal explosion about to occur. Why do people preach ingenuity, then assault with limitations? I snapped a little today. It takes a lot to get my goat, but today I was given the final straw. Limitations. Boundaries. A 'realize reality'. Art/life is anything but reality, so why would I ever in my right mind stay with in that. To be just another mignon (sp?)[lemming] rewriting the same verse? It is not my style nor my aspirations. I want to at the bare minimum, try everything. It kills me to not succeed, but more, it kills me to not even consider the possibilites. Of course I don't know how to implement my crazy ideas, but I know how to start. I'll figure out a way. I'll give it a shot. Today was about the hundredth time someone has told me to reign it in. SCREW THAT. For once, I want to make it complicated. I want to pull some resources. Learn ridiculous new things. Invest for the sake of the cause. The ingenuity. It could be an epic fail, but you know what...it could be an epic success. So screw 'reality'. Forget simplicity, and make it as complicated ridiculously big, clever, and crazy as you can think of. Promise me, you'll never conform to others' definititions or reduce ideas to those who don't understand. One day some oddball soul trapped in the same quandry will love you for it. For at least, the very least; Trying."



Well, here's to all of us and: just. friggin'. going for it
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • Followers