_5am Night
Another 5 am night.

I love doing art at night. Knowing that no one is around. Less distractions. There is also this all consuming eerie quietness, creating a timeless vortex that stops life and all its craziness for one long moment. Where you can just, do your thing.

These are just studies and have a long LONG way to go, but I am slowly understanding the world of ballet. The ballet teacher at my work is interested in a painting and I thought it would be a good opportunity put together a series for portfolio pieces. I must admit, figure studies are my favorite. I like detailed realism. The Jackson Pollock, modern art that has taken the forefront in todays world is definitely fun to do, but there is something about the tight strokes isolating form in a hyper realism state that just feels oh so good. Maybe its the structure. I dunno. Stay tuned as this project develops.
1 Response
  1. none Says:

    I know exactly what you mean! I get my best creating done at night too. Late, late at night after EVERYONE else has gone to be. By everyone, I mean (as I'm sure you know) not just the people in the household, but the entire rest of the world, or at least that is what it feels.

    There is something very special and almost sacred about that time of day.

    I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!


Post a Comment

  • Followers